41 and a Drag Queen

So, in 6 short days I will be FORTY-ONE!!! To start the week off right a group of girlfriends and I went to Drag Queen Bingo brunch. OH MY GOSH....we laughed until our faces hurt. Literally! I mean it was raunchy! But it was so much fun. Sabin was our host, and she has been doing it since it started, 14 years ago! She must have swore 57 times before she was done just introducing herself. She went on to tease and call out as many people as she could. This very tall, statuesque man in drag calling out Bingo numbers and mocking us all morning will be a highlight of my birthday week. It’s a good thing we all have a disturbing sense of humor and couldn’t get enough. If you are in the area and have a chance, get some friends together you won’t regret it. So long as you can take a joke and about 3,654 cuss words. Which I don’t mind. I love a good swear-fest. I’m a lady with a sailor’s mouth. As are most of my friends.

 

Speaking of, I am so lucky to be surrounded by so many great friends. 9 of which were able to come out this morning. There was AD and JM, they both have the cutest little babies, 1 years old. JM is engaged and has personality for days she will do the funniest and craziest outgoing things without even flinching. Then MM was there, she is my “niece”, lifelong family friend, with more stories than cold ever be told in a lifetime let alone one night. AH, LC and NS always show up bright eyed and bushy tailed. LC was my maid of honor and I promise you if you ever have the chance to clone her you WILL not regret it. She is one of the most loyal, loving, and funniest people you will ever meet. Her laugh alone will make you laugh. Not kidding! EC also came, she is my high school best friend. She taught me how to drive and we got in more “almost” trouble without getting caught than I can even believe myself. To say my mom was gullible is an understatement to say the least. And the other LC was there, she is getting married in March to an Aussie and the wedding is in Hawaii... it’s going to be gorgeous. This is just to name a few of my RODC girls. There are many more of us and one of the MANY reasons I always feel so lucky. I try to remember my mantra “too blessed to be stressed” because there is NO shortage of celebrations, dinners, book clubs, get togethers, “just because” or lazy days that turn into lazy nights with these girls. Some say quality over quantity but in our case every one of them are top shelf. Quality friends, confidants, troublemakers, supporters, and fun as hell. You will never eat alone, always get advice, when asked or not, and no one will let you forget your birthday, like ever. So, at 41 when I sit back and look at the ladies in my life, we are some bad ass bitches. Not to mention, when it comes to always having someone have your back, every one of us have a stockpile of forks in case we ever must go forking someone’s yard for messing with one of us. If you don’t know what forking is, look it up, it will come in handy one day when someone really pisses off one of your friends. Everyone ages but I don’t mind and today I don’t even feel it. So, cheers to 41, my girlfriends, the next year of laughs and where it takes us. All I know is it’s going to be great because of them. Find yourself your tribe...and hell, even a drag queen or two and laugh your way into your next trip around the sun!

 

 



XOXO April












 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tell Me We've All Been There...

Our Book Club is Better Than Your Book Club

An Oldie: SAFE!! (Originally Posted 4.20.2011)